Sunday, November 4, 2012

Slice Cafe: Where Good Food and Laughter is Best Shared

After college, me and my friends started to blog about our life. They focused on fashion, and I'm more on personal things. Three months or so ago, I started to blog about food. It's been a while, yet I can still remember the happy moments me and my friends shared during our first gig.

Recently, I started to embrace the corporate chapter of my life. It's not that related to my course in college, but still it's technical enough. I took the risk of choosing this kind of field, I don't know where it will get me. I just want to enjoy life at this moment, be adventurous, and embrace the beauty of life God gave to me.

After a long day at work, I rushed to Slice, Fort Bonifacio. Heavy traffic on a friday night welcomed me on my way to Fort. I came in late, yet I was just in time for the appetizer!

Slice is owned by Pia Cayetano. We didn't had the chance to meet her personally, but we met the Manager, Mr. Pat Bocobo.
Slice always have a lot of customers every time I pass by their place. I can say that one reason for this is because of their famous red velvet and choco yema. Slice not just only offer pastries but they also have dine in goodies for the customers to enjoy.
Hmm. Let's see what they've got for us!
A slice of the good life in every bite.
Slice has a modern setting on their place with their bright lights. They offer a relaxing ambiance and a casual dining experience to its customers.
Cranberry, Apple & Chicken Salad ( P290.00 ) - Greens tossed in cranberry dressing topped with grilled chicken, apples, cranberries, very light glazed walnuts and goat cheese.
Fresh greens welcomed me as I have my seat. It has a light dressing that didn't overpower the taste of the salad. 
Belgian Dark Chocolate with home-made breadsticks. You shouldn't miss this one. :)
Seafood Medley ( P250.00 ) - A meal in itself - a big bowl of seafood stewed in a tomato-based soup. Comes with chunks of salmon and shrimp and home-made breadsticks on the side.
One great soup for the night! It has a light and not-so-thick texture with lots of seafood chunks to dig in.  It's bursting with rich tomato flavor that's perfect any time of the day. 
A perfect match on Slice's home-made thin and crunchy breadsticks!
Beef Rice Melt ( P420.00 ) - Thinly sliced Angus beef on brown rice covered with cheese.
Beef strips headed my way as I dig in on this scrumptious cheesy dish. Heavy yet somehow healthy since they used brown rice. This is ideal for sharing, I swear it's really good and filling!
Barbecue Chicken Rice Melt ( P390.00 ) - Barbecue chicken strips on brown rice covered with cheese.
A lighter version of rice melt. Tender and succulent chicken strips to dig in under the melted cheese. Satisfaction guaranteed! :)
Seafood Puttanesca ( P390.00 ) - Shrimp & salmon in lightly creamed puttanesca sauce tossed in linguini pasta.
A unique dish on our table mainly because of the pasta used. Squid ink was used to make this pasta look darker. Rich and creamy sauce on this dish. A good twist on the usual puttanesca!
Aglio Olio ( P390.00 ) - Shrimp & salmon sauteed in garlic and extra virgin olive oil tossed in linguini pasta.
Looks ordinary, but guess what, this is one of the best pasta ever. Enriched with crab fat, chunks of shrimp and salmon were very distinct and made the pasta flavorful! I almost ate the whole plate because it was so delicious, you could even ask my friends! :))
Something just right for Halloween! Great pasta to look forward when dining here!
Cheers for the wonderful night we're having!
Belgian Dark Chocolate ( P150.00 ) - Legit. Rich chocolate goodness in a cup. Just a perfect way to stimulate the sugar rush in my nerves.
Slice Champorado ( P200.00 ) - Granola served with banana and peanut butter with the choice of milk chocolate or belgian dark chocolate. 
One of the many unique dishes of Slice. I'm not a champorado fan but I told myself not to miss this one delectable dish.
Renz, our very accommodating server for the night, pours milk and dark belgian chocolate on the granola. Crunchy granola with belgian chocolate and hearty bananas was a good match! The whole staff was so kind and prompt on taking care of their customers.
Mochamisu ( P200.00 ) - Slice version of Tiramisu.
Cold and frozen-like cake. A slice of not-so-sweet piece of cake! Just a perfect way to end the night with a bang of Slice's most wanted cakes!
Red Velvet Cake ( P240.00 ) - Velvety and moist vibrant red cake with two kinds of rich cream cheese frosting.
Luscious and creamy cream cheese frosting made this piece of cake really special. I just couldn't miss any bite on this slice! :) 
Double Choco Yema ( P240.00 ) - Dubbed as "Death by Choco Yema". Slice signature yema between layers of moist chocolate cake then covered with sinfully decadent chocolate ganache.
Their very own and famous cake! Moist chocolate cake with rich and creamy yema! Who wouldn't be tempted to have a bite on this cake? No one! This is so good that one could ask for another slice! Just make sure you're still on the safe sugar level! ;)
Ending the night by having a group picture with other bloggers! Look, it's Hefty Foodie on the right! ;)

Slice doesn't only offer great selection of pastries and drinks, but also unique dishes like pasta and rice melts perfect for a casual dining with friends. To tell you frankly, this was one of the best food trips I had. Everything was so distinct and delicious that we even didn't noticed that we're just laughing and chatting over good food for hours! I enjoyed the night especially the food served in front of us. :)

Slice
Bonifacio High Street Central
West Superblock, 7th Ave. cor 29th St.
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
(02) 565-1998

No comments:

Post a Comment