Friday, July 20, 2012

Surfing in Baler

They said, having a mole on the feet signifies opportunities for travel. I, even not knowing such saying, do loves to travel. And yes, I'm a type of person who can't stay at home for a long period of time doing nothing. Last June, because I really wanted to travel, my friend and I went to Baler via Travel Factor. They have a schedule of trips / organized trips for the rest of the year, so we just signed up to join their trip entitled SURFvivior Baler.

We left Manila at 12 midnight and arrived Baler at exactly 6 in the morning. Sunrise was really one of the best object to capture however, we're still on the road and I just can't miss a second watching the beautiful sunrise. Upon arrival, we had our breakfast at Amco Hotel, where we stayed. We immediately proceed to Aliya Surf Camp to begin our surfing lessons. Sabang Beach was really beautiful. Bagyong Butchoy was just leaving the Philippine area at that time, yet I can see a sunny weather during our stay at Baler.
Amco Hotel at around 8 in the morning. Sunny day ahead of us! :)
Look how amazing Baler is! :) 
Aliya Surf Camp. Super peaceful ambiance since it's not yet the surfing season! Surfing season is usually during October. Hoping to go back there on their peak season! :)
 Trying to get up! Yay! :)
 With my friend Cib, and one of the owners of Travel Factor, Ms. Tikoy Tan. 
Ms. Tikoy lend us some bodyboard to try! It was so fun! More relaxing than surfing since we didn't put much effort on this ;)
 Grilled Tuna in Lemon Butter Sauce. Me and Cib shared this as our lunch for the day. Healthy living eh? :)
 Walking through the shores of Sabang Beach after having lunch. Hahaha! Ooohh, sun burn!
Surfing at around 5 PM! :)

Surfing was great! I fell in love on this sport at that moment I learned how to stand up on the board and do the surf stance! :) The waves are not that big when we had our lessons even though there is a "bagyo". My surfing instructor said that the waves were just right for beginners. But as time goes, I crave for more - for bigger waves and try how awesome surfing is. They also said this is really a good sport and I can burn much calories. Hooray for that! :)

But wait, there's more! My surfing instructor said that Franco (he's on vocals on his band called Franco) was there so I grab the chance to have a photo with him (for the second time around). Haha! Indeed, nice body! Hahaha! :p
P.S. We had our sumptuous buffet dinner at Gerry Shan's Place just a tricycle away from the beach. It only costs P 150.00 for a sumptuous buffet and unlimited iced tea, good deal! There are many dishes to choose from, complete from the soup to the fresh fruits for dessert. A Baler trip isn't complete without trying at Gerry Shan's.
The group! Though we didn't got the chance to bond further, I learned a lot from some about their experiences as a traveller. One of the best weekend of this year! 

More pictures on my FB here.

No comments:

Post a Comment