Thursday, September 6, 2012

Early Dinner at Banapple

One Thursday afternoon, E and I met at Ayala Triangle, Makati. I was so hungry and decided to eat at Banapple. It always have a lot of customers. It's E's first time to eat here, and fortunately, there were still available seats... outside. 
E and I have an OpenRice event in the evening so we decided to just share on what we'll have to order.  But before our meals arrived, E gave me this surprise. I lost my USB after my thesis, oh just in time! And since then, I always have to rent in a computer shop to access my email just to download what I have to print (I don't have a printer).
Yay! He collected receipts for 12 pieces of magnum ice cream just to have this.
Dessert comes first.. it came first. 
Banoffee Slice ( P95.00 ) - E and I loved the simplicity of the cake. The bananas were fresh and thickly cut. The crust was unique, and delicious. Compare to other cake, this one has a light amount of sweetness. Caramel + Bananas = Perfect! :)
Bacon Fried Chicken Steaks with Milk'Shroom Gravy ( P175.00 ) - Crisp chicken fillets smothered in a creamy milk & mushroom gravy, topped with yummy bacon pieces; served with corn relish.
The chicken was tender though a bit dry. It has a salty breading, but the mushroom gravy neutralized the taste. The bacon - well, I barely felt its presence. The corn was overcooked, though I love the generous serving. The garlic rice was good and not that oily.
Meals are sort of pricy, but the cakes are really worth the price! We enjoyed our early dinner here, it was our first time together here so it's special. We would definitely come back to try their other treats. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment